1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 6 & 8 inch cake pans with non-stick baking spray.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda & 1/2 teaspoon salt (you can even use a fork and mix it all together), once mixed set aside.
3. In another bowl, add sugar, butter & sweetened cream of coconut. Using an electric mixer beat (until fluffy, a few minutes). Beat in egg yolks, one at a time. Then add vanilla & coconut extracts, with your mixer set on low, beat in dry ingredients (Pour a little of your dry ingredients in, then pour a little more until all is in bowl. Don't DUMP it all in at once) then buttermilk, each just until blended.
4. In another bowl, using clean beaters, beat egg whites and a pinch of salt until they are stiff. Gently fold egg whites into cake batter.
5. Pour batter between prepared cake pans. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in pans for 10-15 minutes then turn cakes out onto racks to cool completely! Be patient. I know it took forever to bake this cake but wait for it to COOL before you frost & decorate.
Ingredients for Coconut Frosting
1. Using a mixer cream cheese and butter together until they are combined. Next add cream of coconut, vanilla & coconut extracts; beat until combined. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and beat until all ingredients are combined & smooth. Add more powdered sugar as needed (if you need the frosting to thicken add more powdered sugar).
2. Frost cake, sprinkle coconut all over and decorate!!!!
I found my tree's and elf at Target. The Elf on the Shelf was actually an ornament and I unscrewed the hook to use it as a cake topper. The tree's were also in the Christmas section for decor in the home but they were perfect for my cake. When searching for the perfect decoration to decorate your cake search further than the baking section!
Buy a plate (less than ten dollars) that you can put your cake on and leave at the house you bring the cake to. Even write on the bottom of the plate what the plate held, sign your name, date it and tell them to do the same next time they bring this plate filled with goodies to someones home.
Now, enjoy your cake!
If you did it right, this cake will be so moist and one of the best cakes you've ever had.
One thing I love about this outfit is the front choker! It completely pulls the whole look together and as we all know chokers are in!
These jeans will fit you like a glove. They're stretchy, low rise and skinny crop!
You can get this whole look for $86.00
Oh So Blue Top- $38.00
Kitty Jeans- $48.00
Grab them both sugarloveboutique.com